When you’ve made the all-important decision to study in Australia, It takes careful planning and implementation to make a successful application. However more than the process itself, it is the choice of the city you intend studying in.
Australia provides immense opportunities in higher education. With innumerous colleges of high repute existing throughout cities in Australia, making a good decision could be an intimidating task. In the absence of proper information, you could end up choosing a college in a city which may not suit you in many ways. Here is a list of the 7 best cities in Australia suitable for foreign students.
- Brisbane:- Brisbane is a favorite among foreign students wanting to study in Australia. While the city itself features a cosmopolitan nature making it easy to adapt, its educational resources are amazing by virtue of some of the most reputed universities in Australia.
Queensland University is ranked as one of the top 50 universities worldwide. It is also part of the GO8 a group of the most prestigious universities in Austrailia.Griffith University and QUT business school are also renowned and reputed venues of study in Brisbane.
- Melbourne:- Located on the coastline, Melbourne is the most preferred choice when it comes to studying in Australia. Housing nine important universities namely Melbourne University and Monash University both part of the GO8, it also houses the prestigious Australian Catholic University a centre for nursing including IT and business studies. Deakin and Victoria universities are quite popular among Indian students too.
- Perth:- Perth is a favorable destination of choice among Indian students. Located in Western Australia, it is well known for its variety of strong programs suitable for Indian students. With a steadfast education system, Perth’s premier university is another GO8 member being the University of Western Australia. For effective communication programs, one can also opt for the Edith Cowen University while Murdoch University is known for its strong research methods being a member of the IRU
- Adelaide:- Adelaide as a city is an amazing place to live in. A socially oriented city with pristine beaches and interesting sights, its education system is one of the best in Australia. The University of Adelaide is also a GO8 member. Adelaide also features Flinders University an IRU member as and the University of South Australia which is a member of the ATN group.
- Sydney:- Sydney is distinguished enough to host 2 GO8 member universities. The University of New South Wales and the University of Sydney.
Although Sydney is one of Australia’s most expensive cities, it enjoys a large student population being home to 5 high profile universities such as Macquarie University famed for its extensive business course.
- Canberra:- Canberra is just 3 hours away from Sydney. As the capital of Australia, Canberra is home to the most renowned universities in Australia. The Australian National University is world famous for being the best university in the southern hemisphere. The University of Canberra is listed as one of the ten best universities in Australia along with the Canberra institute of technology.
Canberra offers two distinct advantages for Indian students studying in Australia. It is the safest city in the country and also the cheapest.
- Wollongong:- Wollongong is just 80 km away from Sydney. This makes it a great choice of venue for studying in Australia. Staying in Wollongong and living in budget accommodation, you can also enjoy Sydney without having the same expenses. Wollongong has also been voted one of the most livable places in Australia.
The University of Wollongong is ranked among the premier institutions in the country. What’s impressive about it is its high placement rates and reputation for quality research.
Top Education Consultants in Australia can help you to fulfil your dream of studying in Australia.