Canada is home to thousands of international students every year with hosting about 180000 international students per year. The country also boasts of rich technology with leaders in Java, networking, and wireless communication. The diverse culture, peaceful environment, and safe surroundings, make Canada the best place for students. The pandemic situation is definitely temporary but surely impactful. Don’t let tough times define your goals for you, things will get better soon and life will return back to normal. Here are some of your doubts answered by our experts regarding the impact of COVID-19 on universities and admissions in Canada:
- The courses that start in the May of every year are termed as summer courses, these handles two sets of students. First group comprises the students with their visa approved while the other group comprises students who are yet to receive response. The IRCC has recently waived a relief flag to the students who were planning to study in Canada for May/June intake. Such students can now start online courses from their home country. This is great news for students who had a permit to take summer classes but were bound by travel
- International Students would have to attend online classes given the current time, however, they still remain eligible for the Canadian Post Graduation Work Permit. This ensures that students can stay and work for up to 3 years.
- Universities and colleges of Canada are high advocates of online classes. This is a major help to those wish to begin their classes on time and from the comfort of their home. Once the situation returns to normalcy these students can attend the semester in Canada itself and still work post their course completion in Canada.
- Students who don’t wish to travel and are not motivated for online classes, are presented with the option of deferring their courses till September. If you decide to withdraw your application and wish for a refund, it is important that you understand what is at stake here. The ideal way to go about studying abroad would be to take online classes, withdrawing application wouldn’t be a wise decision given the situation that persists in the present day scenario. You can stay in your home country and start your online This essentially saves up the cost of travel, stay and other related expenses, while once the situation gets back to normal you can study on-campus in Canada.
Points To Consider:
- Students who were expecting to commence their course in the May of this year, must contact the college and gain an insight on their provisions for you.
- Students who are traveling by air, would be required to undergo all the necessary medical testing. Post arrival, they will have to undergo medical testing again and isolate themselves for at least 14 days.
- You must note that students who have no place to self-isolate wouldn’t be allowed to enter Canada.
- September intake students must understand that being optimistic in this difficult time helps. So keep a positive mindset and hope at heart that the situation is temporary and life will get back to normal soon.
- Some universities and colleges in Canada are taking applications without an IELTS scorecard, while some are also ready to neglect the final year marksheet. During these difficult times payment delays are also accepted, so as to ensure students that nothing can take away their opportunity of living and studying abroad.
If you are an aspirant who is bogged by the current circumstances, all you need is right guidance and counselling. At Espire Education, we offer you best counseling by our industry experts with years of experience. Get in touch with us to know more!
Every year thousands of students in pursuit of better life traverse towards the path of studying abroad. Obtaining a degree from recognized international university or college is a major benefit behind this choice. The global universities are the ones to extend world class infrastructure along with global exposure to the students. This also paves way towards high paying jobs. Some students might rely solely on their own instincts or walk the path under the guidance of someone who has already made his way towards an international university, while some students might find it difficult to find a mentor. For the latter, there are education consultants who are professionally trained and offer assistance in your path to study abroad.
Before you understand how to find the best educational consultant, you must understand the Advantages of getting in touch with an Educational Consultants:
- A guided assistance is at your disposal at all times.
- They offer all the important information related to the course.
- Education consultants guide you towards finding suitable countries, universities, and courses.
- They would help you with overall financial needs.
- They would also help with travel arrangements for your visit.
- An education consultant will help you with the overall Admission process.
Now that the importance of education consultant is understood, it is ideal to find a right one, here are some tips on carefully choosing education consultant:
- Past experience to assess success – In case you wish to obtain an idea about the experience of the consultant, browse through the vast data available on the internet. Get to know about the qualification, years active as a consultant, and success ratio over the years. Also try and know more about the way it works for him or her. If the consultant personally gets involved in the overall application procedure.
- Professional history – It is not enough to be a good counselor, it is vital that you also hold suitable experience in the realm. For instance, you finalize Mr. X as your consultant. He holds an excellent record when it comes to helping students study in Australia. The success rate is suggested to be more than 80%. But you later come to notice that he has no experience helping students pursue their higher studies in Canada, or in the U.S, the two being your dream destinations. What good would he be to you? So be sure to ask all the necessary questions before you finalize him.
- Countries available to study abroad – Each education consultant has his own set of countries that he has his expertise You must check out the list of country options. The consultant will help you pick a suitable country basis your qualification, requirement, and expertise. When you know the minimum requirement, the basic fee structure, and the government laid rules to obtain a student visa, you can make a better choice.
- Scholarship structure – Education consultants must help you with your finances as well. He or she must suggest some scholarship programs. Be sure to check the complete and comprehensive history of courses and colleges. When you are vigilant you will not be fooled by any.
- Visa formalities – your education Consultant must also be willing to help you with your visa paperwork. This is a tiring process and one of the major reasons most students don’t make it to the foreign university of their choice. Be sure that they are willing to support you tirelessly in the process.
Do you aspire to pursue your master’s degree in a foreign university? If your answer is yes, then you might need an education consultant to help you and guide you through your path to success. Reach great heights with the right education consultant with this comprehensive article.
COVID-19 is a virus outbreak that has affected the world. It is mainly transmitted through the droplets of an infected person’s cough, sneezes, or exhales. There is yet to find a suitable vaccination and accurate cure for the virus outbreak. The rate of infected people was rising rapidly, hence, social distancing was the only way to stop the infected people’s rate from rising. The current scenario is such that all of us are stuck at home thinking how the COVID-19 situation has impacted different phases of life. Study abroad aspirants are the ones struck by the situation the most. It’s time for you to do some research and not believe everything you hear about the impact COVID-19 will have on overseas education. Here are some of the myths we have busted related to abroad education amidst the Corona Virus Outbreak
- International Universities have shut down admissions completely – Universities abroad are willing to guide their new international students about the new changes being made to ensure that the overseas students can continue to plan their master’s and graduation with an university abroad. Universities have introduced some relaxations, first year students can pay their tuition fee in installments based on merit.
In Canada, International students’ travel restrictions have been waived if their student permit is valid. Some necessary health checkups are inevitable in all walks of life during this difficult health crisis.
- Students who have received Admission letters wouldn’t attend classes – This is a myth, since provision has been made by various countries and universities to conduct admissions online, either fully or partially. The start of fall 2020 will witness the admission of international degree programs in US, Europe, Germany and many other countries. This helps students initiate their specific course despite all the travel restrictions. The students might be presented with an option to continue their studies online or opt for a partially online and partially offline course.
- No work permit for students taking online classes – PGWP (Post-Graduation Work Permit) program isn’t going to be affected by the mode of study of any student. Work permit will be approved for students who have their study permit issued to them for programmes commencing in fall or autumn of 2020.
- Fellowship denied to students who are on financial aid – Several fellowship opportunities have currently been put on hold amidst the lockdown situation, but constant efforts are being made by governments to ensure the situation gets better. In the UK, Telephonic and online interviews are being considered for the students whose applications are still in process.
It is not an ideal situation or time to travel abroad. The fear of stepping out amidst this lockdown situation has monopolised our minds, but all this is temporary. The tide will settle and the sun will rise again. It is just a mere jolt and not the end of the world.
Wondering if you can combat the COVID-19 situation and come out stronger? Get in touch with our experts at Espire Education. We are your premium study abroad consultants offering online as well as offline counseling to our students who wish to study abroad. From counselling to helping you shortlist the college of your requirement, as well as guide you through your Visa process. We are also determined to offer you help when it comes to preparing for IELTS and TOEFL. Don’t let the myths and word of mouth information guide you. Be sure to check government sites for the latest updates and information.
When you’ve made the all-important decision to study in Australia, It takes careful planning and implementation to make a successful application. However more than the process itself, it is the choice of the city you intend studying in.
Australia provides immense opportunities in higher education. With innumerous colleges of high repute existing throughout cities in Australia, making a good decision could be an intimidating task. In the absence of proper information, you could end up choosing a college in a city which may not suit you in many ways. Here is a list of the 7 best cities in Australia suitable for foreign students.
- Brisbane:- Brisbane is a favorite among foreign students wanting to study in Australia. While the city itself features a cosmopolitan nature making it easy to adapt, its educational resources are amazing by virtue of some of the most reputed universities in Australia.
Queensland University is ranked as one of the top 50 universities worldwide. It is also part of the GO8 a group of the most prestigious universities in Austrailia.Griffith University and QUT business school are also renowned and reputed venues of study in Brisbane.
- Melbourne:- Located on the coastline, Melbourne is the most preferred choice when it comes to studying in Australia. Housing nine important universities namely Melbourne University and Monash University both part of the GO8, it also houses the prestigious Australian Catholic University a centre for nursing including IT and business studies. Deakin and Victoria universities are quite popular among Indian students too.
- Perth:- Perth is a favorable destination of choice among Indian students. Located in Western Australia, it is well known for its variety of strong programs suitable for Indian students. With a steadfast education system, Perth’s premier university is another GO8 member being the University of Western Australia. For effective communication programs, one can also opt for the Edith Cowen University while Murdoch University is known for its strong research methods being a member of the IRU
- Adelaide:- Adelaide as a city is an amazing place to live in. A socially oriented city with pristine beaches and interesting sights, its education system is one of the best in Australia. The University of Adelaide is also a GO8 member. Adelaide also features Flinders University an IRU member as and the University of South Australia which is a member of the ATN group.
- Sydney:- Sydney is distinguished enough to host 2 GO8 member universities. The University of New South Wales and the University of Sydney.
Although Sydney is one of Australia’s most expensive cities, it enjoys a large student population being home to 5 high profile universities such as Macquarie University famed for its extensive business course.
- Canberra:- Canberra is just 3 hours away from Sydney. As the capital of Australia, Canberra is home to the most renowned universities in Australia. The Australian National University is world famous for being the best university in the southern hemisphere. The University of Canberra is listed as one of the ten best universities in Australia along with the Canberra institute of technology.
Canberra offers two distinct advantages for Indian students studying in Australia. It is the safest city in the country and also the cheapest.
- Wollongong:- Wollongong is just 80 km away from Sydney. This makes it a great choice of venue for studying in Australia. Staying in Wollongong and living in budget accommodation, you can also enjoy Sydney without having the same expenses. Wollongong has also been voted one of the most livable places in Australia.
The University of Wollongong is ranked among the premier institutions in the country. What’s impressive about it is its high placement rates and reputation for quality research.