To study in Australia, acquiring visa is a crucial step. The Australian Government is planning to bring some changes in the current student visa rules. Some of the frequently asked questions about proposed Australia visa changes – 2011 are as follows:
What are the proposed new changes in student visa processing?
A number of changes are proposed in order to help simplify and improve the student visa application process and the processing of student visas. The main suggested changes include:
- A reduction in financial requirements for Assessment Level (AL) 3 and AL4 student visa applicants.
- Streamlined visa processing for some students.
- Stopping the Pre-Visa Assessment (PVA) policy.
- Student visas will be able to be granted in advance of four months before the start of the course
- The regular review and update of the living cost component of student visa financial requirements.