The British Council has launched IELTS Scholarship for 2013 with the objective of supporting Indian students intending to study in an English-speaking countries.
The scholarship will award Eight IELTS candidates INR 300,000 each towards the cost of tuition fees.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the IELTS scholarship, you must:
- be a resident and citizen of India
- have taken the IELTS test with the British Council recently
- have a minimum overall IELTS band score of 6.0
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by 15 July 2013
- begin an under graduate or post graduate programme outside India in the 2013 academic year
What is the final date for applications to be received by the British Council?
29 June 2013.
How many winners will be chosen?
Eight (8) scholars will receive an award to the value of Rs.3,00,000 each.
What is the selection process?
The top 40 candidates will be shortlisted based on their IELTS test score and the response to Task A.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to make a presentation and attend an Interview at a British Council office.
All the eight (8) winners will be communicated the final result by email on 5 August 2013.
How will the scholarship be awarded and when?
The scholarship will be awarded directly to the university you will attend, after the British Council has officially confirmed your status with that university.
Can I apply if I am waiting for an acceptance letter from my university?
How do I apply?
Contact us at email@example.com and we will guide you.
Source: British Council